Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Head Gasket Part 8

I received the tool I needed yesterday and was able to get most everything back together. The only things I need to do tomorrow is install the new radiator, hook up the hoses, put on the belts and hook up the air cleaner, MAF and intake boot. I should be able to try and start it within a couple of hours of getting started.

I worked on it off and on for about five hours yesterday. I got the exhaust headers installed and all torqued down properly and the VANOS taken off so I could properly tension the primary timing chain before noon yesterday. I then waited for the tool to arrive and it showed around 2pm. I worked on it until about 4:30pm and got the VANOS put back on and adjusted correctly. I put all of the new heater hose on and clamped down right and then put the intake manifold back on and got all of it's connections started. I watched the BSU - TCU bowl game and went out and worked on the car at half and after the game.

Like I said everything is back together except for what I listed, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting much bigger and brighter. Once I get it back running, I will take some pictures of the finished product.

No comments: